How do i insert Css tabs & menus into Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an actinic bug is stopping you.

you cant use speechmarks in your css, actniic will not understand where the files are.

use ' instead of "

also, please bear in mind that there are two templates in your shop. the brochure pages and the shop pages. make sure you ahve copied the html for your tabs into both, and that the actinic.css file is being correctly referenced in the header of BOTh documents.

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Comment

Hi Gabriel,

Hmm..thanks for ther tips. i have removed the " by the ' in the css..thanks I didn't know..
      checked both the brochure and main navigation looking for actinicc.css referenced in the headers of both pages. still nothig coming up..

Something is coming to my mind though..I wanted to de a test with a few tabs..but do I need to do that test with every single link in the navigation for it to work?

Another question...in both layout: do you need to insert that html code after the Blockifs ? or do you need to replace everything with the Html?

and a last one, just to put the nail in a bit further on my stupidity..the shop navigation contains links that are not automatically in the brochure pages : do you insert all the links anyway in both the brochure and the shop navigation? Or do you do a set separately according each layout?

Thanks Gabriel..I also looked at your Idiot guides to build lists(that's for me !) and they are really informative, I will need to pass onto that next after the navigation. I had a quick look at your website, and was really amazed at the advance made by people like you (developpers) to push actinic capability further...well done and thanks !

I will certainly call you one day to discuss a few things with regards to Actinet..if you don't mind the french accent !..
      Patrick
      http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/
      http://www.bioflex-wholesale-body-pi...suppliers.com/
      http://www.jewellery-stones-supplies.com

Comment

Thanks Gareth, this is perfect... something I've been putting off for month's because I didn't know where to begin!

I have achieved my tab top horizontally; I would just like to pick your brains on my next wish. I have searched around but cannot find the answer, but I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

At the moment when one of the tabs is clicked, the sub-sections appear in the body of the page; would it be possible for the sub-sections to appear in the conventional left hand navigation where the top-level section list would normally appear and then consequently their contents (products) to appear in the body? This way each main section would always have the sub-sections visible.

I hope this makes some sense and I would be really grateful if anyone could lend any expertise

Thanks

Comment

It is possible Lucy, you can even get the selected tab to be a different colour to show it is active, but it is quite a bit of reasonably advanced work. It's one of those tasks where if you need to ask, it's probably a bit too difficult at the moment. Have a good read of the blockif tutorials written by Gabe in the layouts forum (stickies), they will illustrate the concepts you will need to understand. If you understand those, you have a fighting chance. You need to understand the inclusion of lists, but the items in those lists being controlled by variables you create.

Comment

You can grab a raft of FREE css menu's from here

They are top bannana indeed. But as Lee states, get familiar with the implementation first or you can break your navbars.

Enjoy
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys... I'm off to get lost in the world of blockif's!

I think it's definitely too advanced for me, hopefully with a lot of perseverance it will come! It amazes me, how I seem to spend hours, days working on something and not cracking it and then I leave it and come back to it and within half an hour I've made more progress than i did before!

L

Comment

Working...
              X