Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching Custom Variables

Hi,

I've got a number of custom variables (text based fields) populated within my store and I'm trying to provide the facility on the advanced search page to search within these fields.

I've had a read of the AUG but it isn't clear whether simply adding these variables into the Searchable Properties tab within Search Settings will indeed automatically create boxes within which customers can search.

Thought I had better get this clarified before I start messing about with the more advanced stuff. I've added the custom variables into the searchable properties section but the advanced search page hasn't changed.

I suppose the question is... Do I have to amend the search page and search.fil file if I simply want one advanced search page containing the original search options and my custom boxes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

Hi David

As far as I'm aware to make a custom property searchable all you have to do is choose it to be searchable, add it via settings | search settings | searchable properties, then depending on the type of list that you have an additional searchable field should be visible in the Search Results page.

Kind Regards
    Kiran
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
      Hi David

As far as I'm aware to make a custom property searchable all you have to do is choose it to be searchable, add it via settings | search settings | searchable properties, then depending on the type of list that you have an additional searchable field should be visible in the Search Results page.

Kind Regards
      Kiran
      That's what I thought! However I've tried this and no other fields appear. I've reset to factory settings and I've pasted original code into the page supplied by another Actinic Support person on the forums but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same issue as above.

Have created a custom variable, populated the fields, made it searchable, put the field in the search settings area, even followed a KB article to make it a text box instead of a drop down here but the field still doesn't show on the search page.

Numerous restarts to no avail.

Using ver 9.0.3 IMMA
        Need a barcode label or card printer? Look no further than OnlyZebra.

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

Working...
        X