Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Account Login form on every page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Account Login form on every page?

hi

i'm sure i've seen this somewhere before but can't find it. is it possible to put a simple login form on every page (tucked into one of the side columns)?

thanks

Select the page on the design tab and then click in the login area, then scroll up a level and you will see the login bulk area. You could try adding that where you want it, that should get you very close, if not in fact all the way there.

Comment

Thanks

i just needed a shove in the right direction. thanks

Comment

a bit more of a shove if you can....

lee

could you help me with a 3 login points.

1. once I've logged in and begin moving around the website the url works from out of the cgi-bin - I guess this is a necessity for showing me my prices etc.
        eg i guess there is no way round this. Its just my rss feed does not seem to work out when in the cgi-bin - i need to figure that out

2. if i'm logged in and click within the shop links of the inner layout my logged in message remains top of the screen - if i choose a link from the TopLevelSectionList my url reverts to the standard one and the login message disappears.

Does this mean I am logged out if i click on a TopLevelSectionList item?

3. And finally. Whilst my login on every page layout works with the acatalog dir - the same script doesn't appear to work from the brochure pages.

I should be able to get a login form working ona brochure page correct.

Thanks for your help as always.

Comment

hold fire

it appears to be working a little better now.

well points 2 and 3 anyway.

just for me to solve the cgi-bin/rss feed problem.

thanks again.

Comment

Are you fully coding or relatively coding?

Comment

for anybody following

always a good idea to do a web refresh when dealing with the login set up as it involves perl scripts.

Comment

Working...
              X