Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Names

Hi,

I want to put a condition into the top section list so that only certain section name are displayed. The reason is I want to create lots of new "Landing" pages for my goggle ad words but don't want these to seen on the normal site nagivation. I would have thought that simply putting a condition somewhere in the layout code for "Section Name Only Section Link" along the lines SectionName <> "XXXXXXX". But I've tried that with no luck. I must be using the wromng variable (SectionName) or using the condition wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Below is the current code for "Section Name Only Section Link" if that helps

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSectionIncludedInSiteMap%22%20%2f%3e" >

<a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" class="product_section">
    <Actinic:Variable Name="SectionName"/>
    </a>
    </actinic:block>

</actinic:block>
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Section Name

Hi,

Just to clarify. I can get the section name not to appear by putting a simple block if (sectionname <> "XXXXX"). But then the section name appears blank. Which looks silly will a list of sections then a blak one in the middle.

Looking at the code for the "Toplevelsectionlink" the first BLOCK has a condition <actinic:variable name="IsSectionIncludedInSiteMap" />
      Im assuming that this mean if it isnt included in the site map it won't index / display the section. Which is exactly what I want to do. So the next question - how do exclude sections from the site map?

Sounds much easier
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

I'd take a look at Gabe's tutorials on block ifs and section variables. I'd have a simple true/false variable defined at section level set to automatically include each section (i.e. true) and you then select 'false' on those you do not want included. A blockif tests the setting, the variable provides the setting.

Almost identical procedure to having 2 or more menu lists.

Comment

want to create lots of new "Landing" pages for my goggle ad words
          You will need to block googlebot as well to stop G indexing the pages and maybe giving a dup content penalty

Comment

Working...
          X