Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost breadcrumb trail

Hi

I've lost my breadcrumb trail (version8)....it's like the blind leading the blind round here.

How do I get it back in so that it appears throughout the catalog - only at the top?

I've searched the forum and can only find answers relating to earlier netquotevar age Actinics.

Bullet pointed steps much appreciated

Cheers

Cal
    CE Multimedia

http://www.callumegan.co.uk

On the design tab, select your page. View the layout code. Where you want the breadcrumbs, right click, choose insert layout, and look down the list till you find the breadcrumbs layout.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks. I've done that, but the breadcrumb is duplicating itself, one above the other. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to change the Online Catalog link so that it links to the actual homepage, in this case a brochure page and not the catalog home page?

Cal
      CE Multimedia

http://www.callumegan.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

The breadcrumb trail layout is set in 'Settings | Site Options | Layouts tab'. Check what you have for:

Bottom Parent Section List Layout
        and
        Top Parent Section List Layout

You may need to remove the variable that Bill asked you to insert to stop it duplicating

Also, is there any way to change the Online Catalog link so that it links to the actual homepage
        On the 'Design' tab:
        - click on the 'Online Catalogue' link in the preview pane. This should show the 'parent section list' layout that you are using
        - click on the 'Click here to edit list layout settings' link
        - click on the 'edit' button next to the 'start of list' box
        - replace the 'TopSectionPageURL' variable with the 'HomePageURL' variable
        - replace the 'StoreName' variable with the 'HomeText' variable
        - click 'OK' and 'OK' again.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X