Section link with product details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section link with product details

Hello I have looked through some posts but cannot see how to resolve the following:

If you see this: note url removed as no longer active

I cannot get the boxes all the same height. I have achieved this in other sections by having all the images the same height, but I am not sure this is the answer?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Keith

Wipe the sleep from out of your eyes, swill your eyes with some optrex and then put your glasses on FFS. Even if you got them all to the same height, it would still look pants. Change to 2 wide instead of 3 and actually give people a chance to read the details, its pretty unreadable as you have it. Unless you are catering for Mr Wonder of course, in which case go for it.

Unless you are a lyrical gangster and can write descriptions the exact same length, using the exact same words, you cannot expect everything to line up fine and dandy. It's like selecting 4 random people off the street and expecting them to all be 6 foot tall. To have things all the same height, they must be set to the same height - no way round it.

Don't over engineer things, just use your mince pies!

Comment

I cannot get the boxes all the same height
      As Lee says you will NEVER get them to look the same - images are easy to set the hight but as soon as you add text it will go tits up.

Do them horizontally eg http://www.cheapmowers.com/acatalog/...e_Washers.html

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I was trying to achieve something like this.
        But I will try with different layouts.
        Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

I was trying to achieve something like
          Yes but even they are slightly out of line - adding atributes etc makes things even worse.

Comment

Can you not force the height using for all the cells to get a happy medium

Comment

Originally posted by Runner
              ...I was trying to achieve something like this.
              But I will try with different layouts.
              You will never get them to align up exactly. That site was a compromise that came as close as you'll probably get.

Comment

I tried to force the height but you end up with lots of whitespace in some of the cells.
                Regards,

Keith

Comment

Keith

i think you are trying to achive the impossible, you need to do one or all of the following.

make all the images the same size, make all the text exactly the same length, make all the cells the same size.

to help with the text why dont you use the hack to reduce it to x amount of words, then if you have an items will loads of blurb it will cut it.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    Keith

to help with the text why dont you use the hack to reduce it to x amount of words, then if you have an items will loads of blurb it will cut it.

D
                    Thanks Darren but I am already using that. I have decided to go for the following layout that links through to one product per page (based on your recommendation yesterday - the lawnmower site). Grateful for any feedback. Example here: note url removed as no longer active
                    Regards,

Keith

Comment

Now that looks alot better keith

D

Comment

The site is better, but - I looked at the regular gas water heaters.

What I want to know about a regular gas water heater is - what's the output, the flow, the amount in litres or gallons that the heater can supply each minute of operation - and what's the minimum water pressure is that is required to maintain that output?

Did not find that info on your site.
                        Bill
                        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

based on your recommendation yesterday - the lawnmower site
                          Whos recommedation ????

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                            The site is better, but - I looked at the regular gas water heaters.

What I want to know about a regular gas water heater is - what's the output, the flow, the amount in litres or gallons that the heater can supply each minute of operation - and what's the minimum water pressure is that is required to maintain that output?

Did not find that info on your site.
                            Your'e absolutely right Bill. This is a fairly new site that I wanted to get live quickly with a reasonable range of products. You will probably say that if you are going to put products on, make sure they contain all the relevant info. Right again, but I had to start somewhere. This info will come. Thanks for pointing out the omissions.

Originally posted by Ruralweb
                            Whos recommedation ????
                            Apologies and belated thanks
                            Regards,

Keith

Comment

Working...
                            X