Removing the /acatalog/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the /acatalog/

Hi, I know very little about Actinic but have been told by many people that it is one of the best shopping carts on the market.

We are thinking of revamping our current site by changing to Actinic but would like to keep our main category url structure as it is, I have noticed that if we change to Actinic our urls will contain www.sitename.co.uk/acatalog/

I have see an Actinic site that has removed the /acatalog/ by a mod I presume, has anyone done this or know of the mod?
    View the site that has achieved this here
    (airsocom.com)

Thanks for any advice in advance
    Bob

It is possible in V8 and a search of the forum should find posts related to it.

However, V9 is now in beta and this seems to have a built in control over the /acatalog/ business. You'll see a discussion on it : http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35844

You may want to consider V9 rather than V8.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Goz,

Thanks for the info, do you know when V9 will be realised or what mod has been done?

Thanks
      Bob

Comment

The mod is simply that you can specify a replacement for "acatalog" e.g. "store" or "shop". Network Setup now allows you to enter the replacement instead of having to hack the code as in previous versions.

The beta has only been released this week (Friday) and is (I'm led to believe) meant to be a 30 day process (but I can't remember where I saw that). So, I think we're a good month away from a production release.
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Give sales a call on monday, they will be able to give you a ruff idea, download a copy and take a look, you can use this copy to develope your test site, it has the option you looking for, and when it is relesed you can upgrade from the tirl version to the production release without loosing your changes.

But please dont believe what they promise if your looking for a particular feature. If its in there they will tell you, if they say its in developement and will be around in a few months this is likely to be unreal. Develpement means it is being looked at, it needs to be fully written, alpha and beta tested before release. Dont get me wrong im not saying they lie, just time scales are always a little errmmm loose

D

Comment

Thanks guys

But how has this site done it victoriaplumb.com there is no .com/acatalog/
            and no other abbreviation of it

Thanks
            Bob

Comment

They probably searched the forum and found the answer like you was recommended to do in the first response to your post. Leave it alone is your best advice, will cause you countless problems if you do not know what you are doing.

Comment

sneaky you changed the url

they have everything in the root folder, as Lee said, search its all here and in the aug

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will take a good look at posts on this forum today, or find a good web developer who can do it for us.

Cheers
                  Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X