Background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background image

I have a background image imported from v7 that I want to remove and swap for a plain white background.

I have found the background image under "Appearance Settings" but can't work out how to delete it - any clues?

Thanks

Settings|site options if added correctly in the first place.

Comment

Thanks

Did that by setting "Store is using Background Colour" to true and image is not used.

However my Buy Now buttons have gone to pot - all fuzzy and indistinct (which was why I was changing the colour in the first place as they'd merged with background!).

Help!

Comment

Sounds a strange problem, can we take a look at a url?

Comment

I've not uploaded the site so as not to make it worse.

Have taken an image of page, not great but although the buy now text is visible is indistinct (may not be clear on image). Rest of page is razor sharp.
          Attached Files

Comment

Your buy now button is probably a .gif file and has probably been saved with a white 'matte' effect, which when placed over a dark colour looks junk. Create a new image or get rid of the blue stripe so that it sits on a white background. I'd expect that to sort you out, but i'm guessing with only a blurry image to go on.

Comment

Have a look on this site, it has the same look, same company name, same product and the same buy now button. You can see that the button works fine on there when on a white background. In fact OMG, someone has cloned you, call the internet police.

Over and out....

Comment

your main image at the top is too wide and is messing up the rest of the page

make it smaller
                Tracey

Comment

hey is that background a MS office background?

Comment

Now I'm totally confused - how did you get the page to appear with a white background?

Right, I've changed it now to a white background and it works.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                      hey is that background a MS office background?
                      Certainly is - just 'borrowed' the image that forms this MS Office background and put it into my v.7 site.

Worked well as I changed the background in v7 to something else, but when pages changed (e.g. between checkout and worldpay) you got a temp background of water drops, which was great for our business selling waterproof stuff.

However in v8 the pages are narrower and the blue Buy Now text was sitting over the drops which appeared behind the narrower pages, so couldn't be seen

Comment

Working...
                      X