Remove Actinic Link from pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Actinic Link from pages

I have noticed that there is a link to the Actinic website at the foot of my terms and conditions page, I cannot find out how to remove it.

Any advice on how to remove it, would be appreciated.

ThanK you

Click on it in the design tab and remove the code that brings it in.

Comment

It would be really appreciated if somebody can advise me how to remove the link to the Actinic website from the bottom of my terms page.

Regards

Comment

Select the page on the design tab, click on the link you want removed and you can then delete the code that brings it in.

Which part do you not understand?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I have gone through all the sections under the heading Terms and Conditions but the link to Actinic does not appear in these sections.

If anybody knows how to remove this link I would be graeful if they would advise.

Regards

Comment

Actually, the easiest way to do this is to go to 'Business Settings | Terms and Conditions' and select the 'Remove Terms and Conditions Link' checkbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismarworth
              Thank you for your reply.

I have gone through all the sections under the heading Terms and Conditions but the link to Actinic does not appear in these sections.

If anybody knows how to remove this link I would be graeful if they would advise.

Regards
              I must be completely misunderstanding what you are asking to do. If you select the design tab, there is only one page in the whole of the drop down list that is remotely associated with the T&C page. Hopefully Chris's solution is what you are after. You will probably find a link on your search layout too which you might want to also get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                Actually, the easiest way to do this is to go to 'Business Settings | Terms and Conditions' and select the 'Remove Terms and Conditions Link' checkbox.
                ??? Bit harsh, that!

What worked for me (in V9) was finding 'Join Up to the Actinic Referrer Scheme' in Site Options, uncheck the box, and it all went away.

Paul
                Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5
                  ??? Bit harsh, that!

What worked for me (in V9) was finding 'Join Up to the Actinic Referrer Scheme' in Site Options, uncheck the box, and it all went away.

I suspect that this is what Chris meant actually (unless he misunderstood the question)
                  Funnily enough, that is how I read his reply anyway lol
                  How's that for a 'female' response?
                  'Hear what you want to hear'
                  Tracey

Comment

If you uncheck the option in design options and also untick the box Chris mentions, you are still left with a link on the search layout IME. I have not found a way to switch that one off ever, so now take the 'stop at source' method, which is to remove the code completely from the layout, hence what i suggested.

If you click on the link you do not want, you can clearly see the variable bringing it in, and just need to delete that, it's incredibly easy. But this guy doesn't seem to want that, so i think i have completely misunderstood what is required, so i'm off to bury my head in the sand. It doesn't help that he doesn't explain the issue and just asks someone else to help.

To be fair though i have only used the above method to rid around 40 actinic sites of the actinic links, so i should perhaps complete more before throwing random ideas into the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      To be fair though i have only used the above method to rid around 40 actinic sites of the actinic links, so i should perhaps complete more before throwing random ideas into the pot.
                      Please leave these errant ideas at the door in future Mr Hackett (bloody n00b)

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I don't know!!

Thank you for your help Chris, spot on as usual.

Regards

Chris

Comment

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

Lee what more can you do... I think this tread will be revisited by the OP when the Actinic link reappears mysteriously!

On a serious note many of us Actinic beginners are a bit frightened about deleting actual code, we prefer check boxes with options. To over-come this fear I resort to making many site snapshots with file names like site_before_delete_xxxxcode. When you are confident how to load / reinstate a saved snapshot then you are free to try anything.
                          Sto-It Apartment Storage Solution www.sto-it.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DeDanan
                            When you are confident how to load / reinstate a saved snapshot then you are free to try anything.
                            This is indeed how the majority operate and develop with Actinic. One of the advantages it has over some of it's competitors that is often overlooked - the simplicity of backup and restore functionality.

Happy testing
                            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by DeDanan
                              On a serious note many of us Actinic beginners are a bit frightened about deleting actual code, we prefer check boxes with options. To over-come this fear I resort to making many site snapshots with file names like site_before_delete_xxxxcode. When you are confident how to load / reinstate a saved snapshot then you are free to try anything.
                              The precautions you are taking Jim are perfect, you are almost certain to never run into problems with that approach (as long as you have a backup off site also). I understand a nervousness when removing code and rightly so, but if you are removing a variable (the blue underlined text) then you can easily add a variable back in from the menu or indeed by starting to type its name into the code window. Until you are confident in this area, it may be good to make a note of the name, some actinic variables have spurious names at times.

You also have the compare facility in the design library which is excellent and also the ability to comment parts out, rather than delete them. There are so many ways you are covered, it's fantastic really. As long as you approach with common sense (exactly as you are), you will always be fine. People run into problems deleting code when they try and guess what to get rid of, rather than work it out systematically.

Comment

Working...
                              X