Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Other page layouts

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before, i've not been able to locate it.

Here goes.

I have customized the template 'Clean css layout' to fit in with my site design.

I know how to customize the html in brochure pages and the section pages and then save them with different layout names allowing me to change the general look of each type of page. I have done this by editing the 'overall page layout' of each section in the content tree - layout tab.

What i cannot seem to find is where i can select which 'overal page layout' for the other pages like 'contact us', 'search' and the cart / checkout pages.
    These all seem to point at the parent layout of the site, so i cannot style these individually.

The reason i need to be able to do this is that my site design has images running down the left hand side of the page, which although styled by a seperate css page, the ammount of images shown is down to the html of the page.

so if all the checkout pages use the same layout then the images stop early due to the varuing lenghts of the pages.

I'm reallly sorry if that sounds like a load of *** but i don't know how else to explain it.

The test site can be found here:

http://www.thedigitalroom.co.uk/acat...log/index.html

the problem is most apparent in the invoice address checkout page.

Thanks in advance.

Timmo.

You can use blockifs to test the pagetype to conditionally modify your layout code.

eg blockifs:
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Shopping Cart"
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 0"
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 1"
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 2"
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 3"
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Receipt"

Comment

Thanks for the reply so quickly Drounding, but thats way over my head, i guess i need to do some serious reading..

Timmo.

Comment

Look up 'Inserting Conditions' in the Actinic program help. They are one of the most powerful featutes of Actinic.

Comment

Thanks for that Drounding.

Ok, so i've done some work on this and now have 'block if' to show extra images on checkout page 1 and 2, how ever i don't know how to code the block if statement for the instance where a customer wants to ship to aseperate address.

would it be something like:

<actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 2" AND <actinic:variable name="DeliveryFieldsVisible" /> == value="Yes"

This doesn't work and just says invalid expression.

i also tried:

<actinic:variable name="DeliveryFieldsVisible" /> == true as a seperate block if to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

try with just

Code:
            <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 2" AND <actinic:variable name="DeliveryFieldsVisible" />
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

try this: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35126

Comment

I've tried all manner of combinations to get it to work to no avail.

what i need to find is what code determines whether or not the shipping address fields will be shown in checkout page 2.

then i can hopefully code the block if statements.

i have tried :

<actinic:variable name="InvoicePrompt016" /> == true

<actinic:variable name="DeliveryFieldsVisible" />

in the same block if as
                <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Checkout Page 2"

i've also tried to nest block if statements.

so to recap i need to code

if the page is checkout 2
                and the delivery is to a seperate location
                then show 3 more images.

if anyone knows where i'm going wrong that would be great,

Thanks for your help so far guys.

Timmo

Comment

Blockifs won't do what you want to do at all IMO, i think you've been lead up the garden path. You want a varying amount of images to show in the left hand sidebar and the amount is decided by what somebody selects when actually going through checkout live on the site? Or did i misunderstand?

I've never known a blockif work online, you'd need to use Javascript i expect, or get cute with CSS, include as many images as the longest page needs and have overflow: hidden; so it just cuts it off at the correct height. Why not just have one graphic for checkout pages and vertically align it central in the column instead and keep things sensible? Or you could use a background image which will just cut itself at the right height?

Apologies if i have misunderstood, you describe things rather vaguely.

Comment

apologies for being vague.

yes you are correct in what i'm trying to acheive.

the trouble i have is that if a customer chooses not to have his goods shipped to a seperate address, then i need only show 10 images on checkout page 2. But if another customer wants to ship to a seperate address, then i need to show 13 images on the same page.

i dont think i can cover do this with css or javascript because it is dependent on a condition generated by actinic.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I may just give up on this as i've too long already on something that Joe Public probably wouldn't notice anyway.

Comment

Lee's right - I didn't realise you wanted this dynamically online.

As you say just fix the images to a specfic number - or remove them altogether in the checkout - you probably don't want distractions anyway.

Comment

if you have a fixed hight for each page then the images can be inserted as a background so they can be set to show however many you want.

Comment

Working...
                        X