Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display of best sellers and other customers also bought

Put simply:

Is it possible to display best sellers in a block on the right until something is added to cart and then show other customers also bought?

In other words:

I would like to have on my main page and in fact all other pages the best sellers with a thumbnail in a column on the right.

When something is added to the cart I would like to display the other customers also bought in this same space on the right instead.

I would probably like to leave the front page showing best sellers all the time.

I guess it will not be easy but is this possible?

Thanks

Because the dependancy is related to an order in progress online then you would have to use javascript online to monitor the cart content.

Comment

Also boughts can be shown on the cart pages as standard, you would need to control the positioning by adjusting them to move to the right using a float most probably. This would also mean managing a separate layout for the cart pages. All in all i'd say keep it simple and use what you are provided with. Also boughts can show as standard in the cart if you switch them on and have the 'Business' version of Actinic.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your posts

I have already got also boughts on imn my cart and have customised them a bit so they show as a grid with thumbnails and links.

I was hoping to expand this to more pages because the cart page is only shown for a short period of time after someone confirms the add to cart.

A combination of top products, also boughts and related products in a bar down the side of the whole site would be great.

By the sound of it this isn't a trivial task if you want the also boughts to be on any pages other than the cart, is that correct?

Edit, in fact would that be the same for related products?

Comment

Both Also Bought and Related Products, need a product reference to 'relate' to. They can show on a product page, a duplicate product page or in the cart and checkout - wherever there is a product they are attached to.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

OK thanks guys I will have a play and see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
            X