Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-arranging dropdowns

Hi All,

This is my first post! I have searched for what I need to know, but to no avail, so i thought I'd start a new thread. Just so you know I'm relatively new to Actinic and am slowly getting to know the "quirks" of the system.

I'm currently adding products to my site, which is straightforward enough, but I'd like them to be at the top of each dropdown menu. I have been doing this by manually deleting the permutations and re-adding them in the correct order, but this is taking forever as I have many sections.

I have been told that I can do this quicker by exporting a datafile and re-arranging the permutations. I have tried this a number of times, but nothing changes when I import the new file. I have compared my edited datafiles to datafiles I have exported after manually changing the permutations and they are identical, so what am I doing wrong?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Matt

Try exporting, then deleting all the permutations in the content tree and then importing the edited file.

This "should" bring your permutations in, in the order you have them in the file.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Thank you.

I shall try that, and post back!

Comment

Is it just the permutations which dictate the order of dropdowns? As i have tried what you suggested but the order of the permutations in the content tree is not changing.

Also actinic is crashing towards the end of import, it says an error occured during import, check your settings. Which setting should I be looking at?

Comment

The Choices need re-ordering, not the Permutations. However, as soon as you tinker with the order of the Choices you may break the existing Permutations, so be prepared to rebuild them afterwards.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            The Choices need re-ordering, not the Permutations. However, as soon as you tinker with the order of the Choices you may break the existing Permutations, so be prepared to rebuild them afterwards.
            that, in itself, is a PITA.
            I hope it's something down to be looked at at Actinic.
            I understand WHY it does it (because the act of 'dragging and dropping' or reordering, actually cuts and pastes, so killing the permutation with the 'cut') but it's really a pain having to re-do permutations every time you need to move a choice around!

Just thought I'd add that mini-rant
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              Hmm, I have just tried re-ordering the choices but that hasn't worked. Do the perms in the content tree still have to be deleted?

Deleting the perms in the content tree and re-arranging the perms in the datafile has worked, though!

Comment

I have just tried re-ordering the choices but that hasn't worked
                There are several different ways of displaying Choices and Permutations. Without an URL or screenshot it's hard to tell what you're using.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X