Horizontal Section List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Section List

I am sure this must be easy to do but I have spent several hours and can't find a solution.

How do I change the top level section list to run horizontally along the top rather than vertically in a side bar?

I am using the Wizard theme if that makes a difference.

Andy
    (Sorry for the double post - added it to the wrong section)
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Delete the existing one and use this instead
    Code:
    <actinic:block type="TopLevelSectionList" />
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%201" > | </actinic:block>
      <actinic:variable name="TopLevelSectionLink" />
    </actinic:block>
    The second line puts " | " between sections (but not before the first one).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Works a treat - thanks Norman!

Maybe this is something that could be added to the AUG as I am sure other people would like to have a horizontal menu rather than the vertical ones.

As a newcomer to V9 (I jumped straight from V7) is this something I should be adding to the layout library and giving it a name rather than just adding it into the outer layer itself?
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by AndyBorrett
        is this something I should be adding to the layout library
        You can but the library can soon get bloated. For small one off snippets like the above I add straight to the main layout ... it does not need to be recycled and it occupies a small amount of space.

With lengthier bits of code and where it will be reused it is better to give it a layout and then you can bring it in on demand.

As a note when creating new layouts base it on "none" rather than an existing and then copy and paste any code into the layout... this over comes some errant snapshot issues when transferring sites between clients and designers (you may never use a designer but always best to future proof yourself)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the tips Jont.

I am in the process of re-designing our site for V9 and want to keep everything as simple as possible and document these 'un documented' changes so I don't end up with the multitude of different templates we have with our V7 site.
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X