Permutation/Associated product name in out of stock message in cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation/Associated product name in out of stock message in cart

I've been looking at the message that comes up when you try to add an out of stock choice/permutation to the cart.
    Currently it says :

We are sorry, the combination you selected is unavailable at present due to GE being out of stock.

where GE is the component name of the product.
    Now, obviously, this is a bit misleading as it's only that particular choice, or combination of choices, that is out of stock whereas the message almost implies that they are ALL out of stock.

Is there any way to get this message to display the permutation/choices that are out of stock rather than the generalised and rather misleading component name??

Design > Text Phase -1 ID: 297 says
    We are sorry, the combination you selected is unavailable at present due to %s being out of stock.

Is the information it pulls for this editable because, at present, it's inaccurate, IMO

Thanks

Tracey

If GE is out of stock for a choice it will be out of stock as a stand alone product so it probably is correct as I read it.

If you don't want to imply that all the items are out of stock it is a case of rewording the text (remove the %s) to something more generic and even asking them to make contact for an alternative etc.

Thankfully I do not stock monitor but our back end software will replace kitted products with specified suitable alternatives ... which is nice

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      If GE is out of stock for a choice it will be out of stock as a stand alone product so it probably is correct as I read it.
      Thing is, GE is just the component name. It's not accurate in any way to imply that it's out of stock, IYSWIM.

Originally posted by jont
      If you don't want to imply that all the items are out of stock it is a case of rewording the text (remove the %s) to something more generic and even asking them to make contact for an alternative etc.
      That's my next job.
      Usually, all the other combinations will be in stock so my message only needs to read "Sorry, the combination you have chosen is out of stock" rather than attempting to specify anything further.

It would be nice if it could replace the %s bit with the actually permutation chosen though..but hey, a girl can dream, eh?
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

It would be nice if it could replace the %s bit with the actually permutation chosen though
        Good suggestion, I'll add it to the wishlist. However, can I suggest that you use the 'showing choices as out of stock' from the AUG as this should stop customers from choosing an invalid combination.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG
          Hi Tracey,

Good suggestion, I'll add it to the wishlist. However, can I suggest that you use the 'showing choices as out of stock' from the AUG as this should stop customers from choosing an invalid combination.
          Morning, Tracey

I can't use this option because my products have more than one attribute (usually size/colour) but thank you for taking the time to add the request to the wishlist
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X