Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumbs duplicating along the bottom of the page

Hello,

I am trying to remove the duplicate breadcrumbs that run along the bottom of each page.

In 'Design Tree' I can locate 'ParentSectionListBottom' > 'Compact Parent Section List' but if I delete it the top breadcrumb sections vanishes along with it! ??

It's proving to be quite a mind game.

Simply, I just want one set of breadcrumbs along the top of each page. The default duplicate along the bottom of the page is creating unnecessary clutter - I understand that some people might desire this feature on a long scrolling page but on my website I'd really like the option to turn it off eg. Footer breadcrumbs = false

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Katie

Delete it from the layout that's using it. Probably Section Page With Section Name At The Top.

Just remove the lump
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSearchInterfaceUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False%29" >
       <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%201%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHotLinkListOmitted%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29">
          <actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListBottom" />
       </actinic:block>
    </actinic:block>
    One way to do this is to switch to the Design tab, click the offending item in the Page Preview then click the up arrow until you see the code mentioned above. You may have to click the [><] icon (just below Layout Code) to see the text in full.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman!

You put me on the right trail. In my case..

Library > Layout > Parent section lists > ParentSectionListBottom

..then selecting 'No Layout' for both Initial Value and Top Level Value

[sigh of relief]

Thanks again,
      Katie

Comment

Working...
      X