Stuck On Editing Layout Pages For My Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck On Editing Layout Pages For My Product

How do you edit layout pages for your product I am stuck on simply things like changing the position of the add to cart button, size and colour buttons, all i'm trying to do is change the layout. I know you can change the layout with the basic layouts they have in product detail/layout but its not what i'm looking for.

I have read the user manual but i'm still confused I don't understand the codes in the design tree and how to edit the layout its all confusing.

Does anyone have the idiots guide in editing layout pages really need help PLEASE.....

Go to 'Help | Help Topics' and scroll down to 'The Design Tab'. Then have a read of the 'Help With Design' section.

Comment

Originally posted by elise79
      Does anyone have the idiots guide in editing layout pages really need help PLEASE.....
      Learning html and css will be your greatest help IMO, the inbuilt help is good and i agree with Chris on reading that, but if html looks like double dutch, you will struggle at the start. Just make sure you snapshot before and after you try things out.

Comment

I would also add the following that I have found helpful.

1) Download and read through the Advanced User Guide - if you have enough paper - print it out, put it in a folder and use the blank side of the paper to make notes.

2) Copy and paste the bits out of the starter guide into a word document that show you what all the colours and symbols represent then print it out and stick it next to your monitor.

3) Find out how to make a copy of a layout then work on that copy rather than the original layout so you can always switch back.

4) Like Lee says, take a snapshot everytime you achieve something you want and call it something meaningful.

5) Don't bother putting too many products and sections into your store until you get the design right.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
        X