Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question

Trying to get my head round V8 for the first time so hope there won't be many questions.

My sections are showing up on the store sections in the left hand column but in V7 my sub-sections also showed up in the store section list in the left hand column. How do I get my sub-sections to show up in V8?

This thread might help.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=36490

Comment

Thanks.

Another question - the choice of adding the new products list to a sidebar is easy to understand but with two sidebars on my site, how can I stop Actinic putting the list on both sidebars? I only want it on one.

Comment

I don't really know what i'm doing either but I think if you click in the area you want to put it - on the design tab - and click the arrows up until you get the right part and insert the layout there. It shouldn't go in both sidebars.

That's not much help really is it. The experts on here will help in time, or they may just tell you to search the forum, depends on their mood.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using V7 for ages and can cope with that quite well but V8 is like starting all over again. A lot of it is really good but I keep coming up against bits that I can't reason.

On the sidebar issue, it's easy to select the option to have the list either on the front page, in a sidebar or both and it automatically puts it there but if you happen to have a sidebar on each side of the page then Actinic puts the same list in both sidebars! Can't work out how to have a list in just one sidebar.

Comment

If it's showing in both sidebars, select the design tab and then click inside which one you want to remove, move up through the layouts until you reach the outer layout and you should see a pink underlined name. That is the layout code being inserted, remove that if not wanted.

I have not seen any actinic store with the same list in both sidebars, make sure that you are not confused between new products and best sellers. Alternatively, if it is appearing in both, i'd expect that you have actually put it there, so simply reverse what you did to do so.

Always snapshot before you start messing with things.

Comment

The side bar lists will appear as many times as you tell it to. You must have inserted the layout for the side bars twice. In the design tab navigate up to the outer layout and you will see the side bars being inserted there ... delete the one you don't require.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Morning Lee

Bikster

Comment

Top of the morning to you Jonty.

Comment

School holidays are great - means an extra 10 mins on the forum before joining the commute - better than coffee in a morning on here

Bikster

Comment

LOL, simple things please........
                      Now if you had said it's cool cos you get to watch Fifi and Thomas, then it would have been so much cooler.

Comment

We are onto Ben 10, transformers and other such delights of animated mayhem.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                        X