Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob product layout question

Hi,

I am using one product per page with a left hand nav to the sections.

Within the product layout itself I have created variables for long/short descriptions etc. My question is:

If I have a number of lines in a description which may also contain a custom bulleted list in the middle what is the best way to go about this. Sure I can put the hmtl into the description field but this would prove tricky for the customer if they had to do the same thing. Would I have to create an option for each possible bullet point that may be put in a list in the list selection values?

Hopefully the above is clear.

Thanks,
    Ben

I would actually suggest you look in the help under creating new variables for each item in the bulleted list. Let's say you create new variables called 'Item1', 'Item2' and 'Item3' for the client to enter the details they want in the list, you can then use code like...
    Code:
    <ul>
    <li><actinic:variable name="Item1" /></li>
    <li><actinic:variable name="Item2" /></li>
    <li><actinic:variable name="Item3" /></li>
    </ul>
    to include the items into the Product Layout code. Just include it under the 'ProductDescription' variable.

You can then use conditions to hide each item in the bulleted list if there is no text entered for them. Highlight the line you want to hide (including the <li> tags) then click the 'Insert Block' button.

The condition should read:

<actinic:variable name="Item1" /> != ""

i.e. 'only show this bullet if 'Item1' is not empty'

Comment

I would wrap the whole <ul>..... </ul> in a block if to test if the first UDV is empty ... that will remove the list from the page if the first UDV is empty ... the 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc <li> can be wrapped in their own as Chris suggests.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X