Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple lists and sub sections

Hi
    I'm very new to Actinic although I have been looking into it for some time. Its seems like it could be what we need but, although I have looked for these answers I wonder if people with experience could tell me how easy/feasible the following will be.

(Navigation would all be from something like collapso)

We have 10 main categories each with 23 subsections

Some products would be in more than one Category and/or subsection

Each main category should remain separate from the others so that it would have its own best sellers etc when that category is selected

The product list (lists?) would be generated from Sage

From reading gabrielcrowe's and a few other posts I should be able to make any list I like from my products. A lot of those posts are for older versions of Actinic.. have things changed much?

Am I on the right track here

Originally posted by SteveC

Each main category should remain separate from the others so that it would have its own best sellers etc when that category is selected
    this is the part you will find problems with.
    With 200+ sections, generating 'best sellers' by section is going to involve a LOT of manual work as you'd need to allocate each product for each list manually.
    Actinic only produces ONE list of a maximum of 20 products for the overall store.
    Also, I would imagine that the code you would need to then display them could slow your site generation down to a crawl.

The rest of your needs can be met by Actinic... but you are going to find section-specific best sellers a problem.
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey..
      shame

Comment

The product list (lists?) would be generated from Sage
        If you are able to set a user defined Variable (e.g. MyBestSeller) in your Sage export, then you could use that. With a lot of work you should be able to scan the entire product list and for each top-level Section, locate the products within that Section with MyBestSeller set and add them to a list that you display on that Sections pages only.

Tricky and time consuming code but just about feasible.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X