Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results Page

Please can somebody tell me if it's possible to change the text:
    " No matching products were found." on the results page, and also if the refresh time can be either changed or better still removed from that page ?

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by yetiserve; 11-Apr-2008, 12:16 PM. Reason: misspell

Design / Text, search for matching products.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

re:thanks

cheers Norman you're a star !!
      Any idea if there's a way to stop it refreshing/redirecting the page ?

Andy

Comment

At the risk of hijacking a thread ...

Does anyone know if there is a variable I can use that tells me I am on the search results page. I want to not display certain things in the sidebar when the search results are shown
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

PageType variable perhaps. Add it to your overall layout and see what it contains on various pages.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

For future searchers using the PageType variable will give you 'Search Results' when on the Search Results page.
            Unusual Silver Jewellery
            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
            Crystal Healing Jewellery
            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Any idea if there's a way to stop it refreshing/redirecting the page ?
              Locate 'SearchScript.pl' in your site folder and open it in a text editor such as notepad and search for:

ACTINIC::BounceToPageEnhanced

You should see:

Code:
               ACTINIC::BounceToPageEnhanced(5,
              The number '5' relates to the number of seconds delay for the bounce page. If you want to stop it from bouncing (ie leave the customer on that page), then change it to -1.

Save and close the file and then update the site.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Is there a search variable for the text that the customer has entered into the text Search box?

We have a number of forums linking to search results on our site and as Google has indexed them in our webmaster tools they are showing these pages as errors as they do not have a page title or any other meta details.

We would like to enter the search variable into the title page etc so that at least it does have some information. Is this possible?

Kind regards

Jason
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

You can log the search strings but I'm not sure how you can use them dynamically.
                  Why do they come up as errors due to lacking Meta data? Have you got a sample problem URL as a sample of the problem?

Comment

This is one of the search terms that is displaying as an error http://www.qualitysilver.co.uk/cgi-b...=-1&TB=A&SHOP=

I note that in the source code that there is no title. I would rather something dynamic which is appropriate for every search so that I do not receive more errors for the same page names. if I enter this manually into the page title I get errors for duplicated page names.
                    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                    Zirconium Rings
                    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                    X