Images in shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images in shopping cart

I have viewed a number of sites where their Actinic shopping cart displays the image of the products to be purchased by the buyer.

How does one install this facility to include these images?

Thanks
    Richard Hodgson
    Fantasy
    www.whatsyourfantasy.co.uk

One looks in the AUG as it has been detailed in there how one does it.

Comment

Thanks. Did look several times. Have now located the info.
      Richard Hodgson
      Fantasy

Comment

Is the image there?

I have followed the instructions in the AUG pasting the text and then inserting the CSS definition, as requested, to ensure the image floats.

When looking at the layout in Design mode there is a space for an image marked with a red cross. I therefore assume I have installed the facility correctly.

When I publish my web site and select a product to buy the shopping cart does not show the image.

Any thoughts?
        Richard Hodgson
        Fantasy

Comment

have you ensured that all your products have thumbnail images defined in the product details?
          It won't automatically resize/generate one, from the main image, to display in the cart.
          Tracey

Comment

Tracey

How simple a solution and good point!

No I have not. All my images are installed in the "image" option not "thumbnail" option in my products.

Does that mean I now have to copy all my thumbnail images into this box (rhetorical question)? I see that this action will enable thumbnail images to appear in search results too.

More work!

Thanks
            Richard Hodgson
            Fantasy

Comment

Yes but worth it as you can then use these images to display in the also bought etc lists.

D
              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

agreed.
                Once you have thumbnails defined they can be used in all the marketting lists too (also boughts, related products, best sellers and new products) as well as the search results and the cart area.
                Admittedly some of these will handle a resized product image but some won't and it's still well worth putting the thumbnails in.
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X