Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ask) Dreamweaver Designs to Actinic

Dear All,

I just learning how to build shopping cart websites. A friend told me to try Actinic software since I do not have experiences in programmer language..
    Looks interesting and nice software, but my problem is, until now I never could bring my Layout designs in Dreamweaver to Actinic V8...

I don't know maybe I need more search button to find a clear explanation about how to do it, but I already search this forum and also google, but still could found what I am looking for, or something that easy to understand how a good way to use our designs with Actinic.

My problem is, I try to register the web layout I made in dreamweaver, and also I did try to move all of the sites necessary files as css and images to Site1, but in Actinic preview it is still could shown all the background and layer pictures and the also some css command doesn't work properly.

My Question is, is it there any limitation on Actinic so it's not all of the web layout web design, easily exporting to Actinic, or maybe because I am doing it in wrong way?

Please help with this, I really almost desperate...

Thanks in advanced.

With images in the css best practice with Actinic is to use the single quotes around the image:

background: #fff url('image.jpg') repeat-x;

Don't forget there is also the actinic.css file attached so other code in there could well be conflicting with yours if further down the cascade.

Actinic original layouts also contain embedded styling which may also over ride your stylesheet on a local capacity

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actinic also run a designers course which covers this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        With images in the css best practice with Actinic is to use the single quotes around the image:

background: #fff url('image.jpg') repeat-x;

Don't forget there is also the actinic.css file attached so other code in there could well be conflicting with yours if further down the cascade.

Actinic original layouts also contain embedded styling which may also over ride your stylesheet on a local capacity
        I will try it. Thanks bro.

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
        Actinic also run a designers course which covers this stuff
        There is no book or tutorial for this bro?

Comment

Originally posted by seghojangan View Post
          There is no book or tutorial for this bro?
          Word on the street is that if you sing Reet Petite at the 9:15 meet, things will be sweet, aye.

I think the AUG has some instructions on it, but it's all quite logical tbh, the actinic menu gets added into dreamweaver and you register a design with actinic using that menu, just make sure you follow the warning message guidelines that popup during registration and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Word on the street is that if you sing Reet Petite at the 9:15 meet, things will be sweet, aye.

I think the AUG has some instructions on it, but it's all quite logical tbh, the actinic menu gets added into dreamweaver and you register a design with actinic using that menu, just make sure you follow the warning message guidelines that popup during registration and you will be fine.

That's what I already explain on my 1st post. I already try to follow the instructions. But still could not get in my dreamweaver layout to actinic.

Maybe I need some more trial, but hopefully with sharing the problem here, I could get more faster and advanced solutions.

Thanks.

Comment

If the menu does not show in DW, then it sounds like you need to install it, probably easiest to just go through the whole actinic installation process again and select to add it this time. If it is there and not working, i'd suggest doing the same. Once there in the menu, you have your html file open and select to 'register', that is it, so there must be something up with your installation I expect.

Comment

must be something up with your installation I expect.
                Sounds like it - reinstall after taking a snapshot and watch out for the DW plug-in screen.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

What version of DW are you using?
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

If the menu does not show in DW, then it sounds like you need to install it, probably easiest to just go through the whole actinic installation process again and select to add it this time. If it is there and not working, i'd suggest doing the same. Once there in the menu, you have your html file open and select to 'register', that is it, so there must be something up with your installation I expect.
                    No the installation just fine. And I already have the extension on dreaweaver. The problem is when I try to export my layout from dreamweaver to actinic, the format doesn't show correctly at actinic.
                    But however I will try your suggestions. Thanks

Originally posted by jont View Post
                    Sounds like it - reinstall after taking a snapshot and watch out for the DW plug-in screen.
                    Yes, I will do it. Thanks.

Originally posted by los_design View Post
                    What version of DW are you using?
                    I am using Dreamweaver CS3.

Comment

Before you reinstall Actinic, make sure that the DW Ext for Actinic is removed from your PC completely using the ext manager.
                      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X