No announcement yet.

How to? selectable upgrades available at checkout for certain product groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to? selectable upgrades available at checkout for certain product groups

What I am trying to achieve:

From the user point of view, I would like them to be able to choose their product first and add it to their basket.

Then (and not prior with a standard component drop down etc) I would like the customer to see a list of optional upgrades below the item they just chose in their shopping basket e.g.

'Have you considered upgrading your product with the following...

Option 1 - £9.99
    Option 2 - £29.99
    Option 3 - £49.99'

etc

The slight complication here is that I would want the option list to only appear for products listed within certain sections (perhaps by using a new variable on sections called 'upgrade list'?)

Has anyone implemented this kind of functionality previously? It is obviously similar in principal to 'customers who bought this also bought' but I want a static list of products I can define somewhere in Actinic that only shows when certain products are purchased/added to cart.

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks.

You could use the also like list which is set to display:none at the product level and then will display as normal in the cart as an upgrade. You could wrap the code to hide into a <div> and blockif condition that with a user defined variable to show or hide at the section level.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Rename related products to suit and only add some when you want the varying options to show?

Comment

Working...
      X