Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking more than 3 General Info Questions on Checkout

Hi

I am creating a B Site, which is basically a separate site whose sole function is to set up user accounts, I've done it like this as I don't want thousands (I hope) of 0.00 orders clouding up my regular website with user account details.

I want to be able to filter accounts by a set of set criteria so I can then direct marketing campaigns based on the responses.

So far I can only see 3 general info questions (in the general information section of the Design Text) can I make more than three user definable fields, if so how would I go about this.

I will make them drop down selections and have seen a post on how to do that, but couldn't find a post that showed me how to add more than the three shown.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Presumably you will be using a dummy product to create the account, my suggestion would be to add the questions as options to the product, associate each answer to a hidden product, and have the component as separate order lines ticked, that way each customer account 'order' will have a certain products included in it, you can then use the standard mailing list feature within Actinic to extract the appropriate list depending on the answers they chose (you would use the product tree search options to pick the right answers).

If that is no good and you want to extend the existing fields in checkout, Norman Rouxel has a plugin on his site that allows you to do this, ... actually this might be for product information field but worth checking out anyway.www.drillpine.biz.

Regards,

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

Thanks for your answer, you are right, thats a very clever way to work it, I was thinking of product options and trying to work out how I could differentiate answers and your way will do just that.

Will take a look at Normans add on as well
      Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Working...
      X