Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Pages 2 and 3 pre-filled fields - text colour change required

www.sargentcycle.co.uk

This problem has arisen because we have had to adhere to the USA manufacturer's website colour scheme - white text on black backgound.

During checkout, on Checkout Pages 2 and 3 the system pre-fills the fields for the 'Ship to delivery address?' question (page 2) and delivery address 'Country' field on page 3.

Because we now have white text, the field doesn't show on the white background. We'd like the text in black, so it can actually be seen!

We've torn our hair out on this and cannot even find the souce of that field.
    Actinic support have been unable to help, at all (can't believe we pay good money annually for that service ...)

Can anyone help out on this please.

Images attached for clarification

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

There is a class in your stylesheet called 'actxsmall', that is where it gets it's color from.

Comment

Well how simple was that?!

Support spent hours not being able to give me this information

What a service Lee - a reply before I'd finished browsing the new forum posts
      Many thanks - it works a treat

Now the next question - what else is actxsmall likely to affect the appearance of? I have given the site a quick browse and everything seems visible, but I'm worried that something else that should be white is now black.

BTW Lee - thanks to your input and encouragement, we recently put up a new site based entirely on a flat file import (well several files actually to keep it easier to manage). www.givi-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk

I have a feeling I owe you a beverage or two
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
        Well how simple was that?!
        Support spent hours not being able to give me this information
        Not a lot i can say to that really.

Now the next question - what else is actxsmall likely to affect the appearance of? I have given the site a quick browse and everything seems visible, but I'm worried that something else that should be white is now black.
        Good question, what you should do when you are unsure on something like this is give it an in between color that will show on both black and white, iluminous green or yellow usually a good one. You then update the site and look across everywhere for yellow/green text to see the impact. You may be forced to create a second class to leave the main areas using that class as they are.

BTW Lee - thanks to your input and encouragement, we recently put up a new site based entirely on a flat file import (well several files actually to keep it easier to manage). www.givi-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk
        Excellent, nice one.

I have a feeling I owe you a beverage or two
        I was thinking a crate or two actually .

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          I was thinking a crate or two actually .
          Sorry, that's what I meant. Typo.
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Update.
            I've searched through the website pretty thoroughly with Firebug and good old Find & Replace and it appears Checkout Pages 2 and 3 are the only places where class actxsmall is used.

The basic Theme used is Smart in V8 btw.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X