Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeIconImage Variable - How Do You Change It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeIconImage Variable - How Do You Change It?

I am still new to Actinic and am struggling to change one aspect of my layout. In the code, I can see a rollover button that as been defined in an anchor tag. It is a small image with the word Home on it, and the variable that specifies it is called HomeIconImage.

I went into the Edit Variable screen, and changed the Initial Value and the Top Level Value (not sure what the difference is), to be the name of a gif file that I made myself (in preference to the one that came with the theme.) I had previously saved the new image to the Site1 folder.

Anyway - I saved that, and it made no difference to the preview. I can still see the old image where I wanted to see the new one. What did I do wrong? Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Last edited by stormyweather; 10-Jun-2008, 02:31 PM. Reason: Improve title
    lizjamieson.co.uk

I just got through to Actinic support. You don't change icons where I was trying to do it, you go to Settings/Site Options/ Links and make the changes there.

This isn't obvious and I couldn't find it in the documentation. Oh well.
    lizjamieson.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stormyweather View Post
      This isn't obvious and I couldn't find it in the documentation. Oh well.
      You seem to have started sprinting before walking to start editing variables.... the site settings is where everyone usually goes first and then get dirty with the variables and libraries

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes - I know (about the sprinting), and I have definitely got cramp. I am still finding the editing of variables difficult. But learning to take regular snapshots then taking 3 steps forward and 4 back.
        lizjamieson.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X