Creating a new directory with actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a new directory with actinic

I've been searching the site for a while now but I have had no luck in finding an answer to my question.

I run the website flooringsales.co.uk and am trying to create a Knowledge base where visitors can obtain information, videos, PDF's... that sort of thing.

So basically i think ineed to create a new template in actinic so i can create pages through the software rather that through dreamweaver and then having to upload/link-in manually.

Wording this has been quite hard because im not entirely sure what it is i need to do, but if anyone has some insight it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    Sam Johnston.

Create a new outer layout and apply it to the pages where you want it to show.

Comment

You can add brochure pages for info only content (no products).. although I prefer to use a modified product layout and add any content as a product - this allows better searching within the site.... once you have the product or fragment layouts sorted these sit within your existing design and upload with Actinic ... a far more sensible solution to site maintenance.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I am a web designer but have only just started using actinic so I don't really know what i am doing. I've mainly been editing/building what is already there.

So How do i create a new outer layout?

jont: If i did that would the pages i create show in the navigation or sitemap? I only want one link to the knowledge base and then visitors navigate within in.

Comment

No - at the section level untick the very handy "include in sitemap" and tada!

You don't need to go the alternate outerlayout route as this can confuse users, breaks branding and is a pig to maintain IMO

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cheers guys,
            Its looking good now and works well, going to be easier for everyone when it comes to adding new information. However whilst editing the site, I think i must of played with the login function. The site uses it to allow traders to see their discounted prices. However when logging in I receive the error message, wrong user name/password... Even though it was previously saved in the browser (It is the right one...) Again, not sure if i did tamper with the code, but is there a script/restore fuction so i can make it work again??

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X