Section Headings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Headings

Many apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I have looked. I am working my way through the advanced users guide, V8

Page 54, creating a new variable so I can chose which sections / sub sections show in the sidebar. I have done this bit, I have the new 'ShowInSideBar'. Chris then says 'open the design tab and click on one of your sections in your top level section list. You should now be looking at a layout called ''Section name Only Section link' - but I am not!

I am looking at 'Layout Code-Javascript Section List in a Box'

within the layout code there is no 'blockif' so nowhere to stick the variable.

All I want to do is just show the top level section in the side bar, and the subsections appear when you click on them.

This is on a dummy site I am trying to create on a separate computer so If I screw up no one gets hurt!. I am using 'works best with smart'
    http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

Sounds like you theme is not using the correct layout to show the top level section.. from 'Layout Code-Javascript Section List in a Box' navigate to the parent layout (most likely the outer layout) and delete (or <!-- comment out --> if you may want to go back) and insert the layout as mentioned by Chris... you do this from the "inert layout" icon on the top of the code window in the design tab ... click fixed layout and enter something like "section" into the contains field and you will see the selector appear at the top... you can then click onto Chris' layout at the bottom to add in your blockif.

Sorry not at an Actinic PC to remember the exact selector name but you should be able to find quite easily.

The javascript layout is not that clever SEO wise so in changing you will also give your site a helping hand with the search engines at the same time.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X