Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding file attachment to Contact form

Hi,

Is it possible to add a field to the Contact form and the mailform.pl script so that a visitor can browse for and add a file attachment to the email.

The AUG explains how to add additional text fields but I can't find any information or threads about adding a file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

There are obviously security issues with doing this. You would need to limit at least file size and type. If this is related to a product then I would recommend contacting Normal at www.drillpine.biz about his Image Upload add-on.

Comment

If you do not require the attachment to be uploaded with an order there are numerous PHP Upload scripts allowing users to upload files to your server .... as Duncan points out ensure you restrict to a certain type to prevent malicious script injections to your server.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i used one called ps upload recently
        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
        Current project:
        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Some even incorporate capcha security to prevent auto-spamming.

Adding to Actinic sites is very simple.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Email file attachment

Thanks to everyone who replied but maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I don't want to upload the attachment to the server (and Norman and I have exchanged emails about his image upload add-on), I only want to be able to add the attachment to an email which is sent to the site owner. He will then decide if the file (image) is suitable to be added to his site as a digital download file, which he will then do manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Derek

Comment

I don't believe attachments are supported by Formmail or Mailform but a quick search on Google comes up with TFMail (http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml ) or form2email (http://www.form2email.net/ )

Comment

Working...
              X