Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

increased discount for larger orders

Hi,

I'm trying to get the system to allocate a higher discount percentage for a higher order quantity. Like: 10-24 boxes gives a 2 % discount, 25-49 boxes gives a 3% discount etc.
    I've create a product group, added the products, and added the various discount bands with appropriate percentages, and the trigger amount.
    However, Actinic seems to reckonise the first discount band only, so irrespective of people ordering 10, 25 or 200 boxes, the system allocates the lowest discount percentage every time.
    What am I doing wrong?

Discounts are allocated in the order they are listed, so you need to make sure that your discount for the higher amount is listed above the discount for the lower amount in the discounts list, is discounts and surcharges.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ok thanks. Will give that a go tomorrow, when I'm back at the other computer. Just wondering though, there are a total of 5 different discounts, depending on the order quantity. I just hope the system will not allocate the highest discount to everything when I put the highest discount on top of the list? It can differentiate between the different discounts based on the trigger quantity yes?
      Ian

Comment

The system will apply the first valid one, so if you have discounts for 20, 10, 5 and 2 in that order and sell 7, the discount for 5 will be applied.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Now, after making the changes as suggested, I do still have a problem with this. My site is www.orchidbooks.org, the products in question are to be found in the Orchid Book Shop ---> Complementary Medicine---> TCM---> TCM Supplies. You will need to log in in order to see the products, in this case acupuncture needles. Use "test" for both username and password. As you can see there are 2 types of needles, and lots of different sizes. The discounts to be applied are for quantities from 10-24 boxes 2%, 25-49 boxes 3%, 50-99 boxes 4%, 100-199 boxes 4.5% and 200+ boxes 5%. The various discounts are in the appropriate product group, in descending order. It works fine as long as a customer orders 1 type of needle only. If, however, they order more than one type, then things go wrong. The system allocates the discount level for the highest order quantity to ALL products in the order, which is of course not the idea. How do I get the system to allocated the correct discount for the order quantity for each product?

Ian
          Last edited by IanS; 04-Jul-2008, 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It looks to me as if you are using the same product for each needle type, what you will need to do is define a hidden product for each needle type and associate the options in Actinic to the hidden products, then Actinic will separate each quantity.

Regards,

Comment

I've now also realised that it is impossible for the customer to order two different sizes of let's say a needle with tube, in the same order. So it looks like I will have to feed each size in as a different product, and in order to get the system to allocate the discount properly, create a product group for each size needle. This looks seriously cumbersome. Anybody got any bright ideas on how to avoid doing this?
              Ian

Comment

Working...
              X