Need to add in store pick up prices to site --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to add in store pick up prices to site --

I am new to Actinic and need to add an in-store pick up price for my clients....any sugestions? Do I need to just make a component for the in store pick up price and then associate that component with the item? And if I do this, will the site then accept that item (the in store pick up price) as the price for the item? What is my best way to approach this?
    Alicia

Hi,

It would be easier to create a shipping class for this and set the prices there. The customer could then select this as their shipping method and have the correct price added to the order.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey for your suggestion. My dilema is that our shipping prices are built into the product price -- it's an all inclusive price. So, would your suggestion still work? It would need to take $$ off the posted price. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.
      Alicia

Comment

No, in this case my suggestion wouldn't work for you unless you changed your product prices to not include shipping costs and set all the shipping options in the 'shipping & handling' setup.

My other suggestion would be to have a component on each product with an attribute and two choices:

- product with store pick up
        - product shipped

You can then set the prices for each option (including the product price) within the 'permutations' tab of the product (set the 'pricing' column to 'override'). You would then set your 'pricing model' (general tab of product details) to 'sum of components prices' so it will just take the price you enter in the permutations tab of the and not include the one set in the product. If you have a lot of products this could take some time, but you could copy and paste the components and then just change the relevant bits.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

I thought this might be the way to go, but being new to Actinic I was hesitant. I'm going to give that a try and pray it works...I have probably 40+ items to adjust -- but once I have mastered the first few the rest will be a breeze. Thanks again for your help -- truly appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes.
          Alicia

Comment

Selecting collect / ship against the products leads to potential issues with the user selecting to collect and then ask to ship in the checkout.

Tracey's first suggestion is the way to go as adds no confusion to the process - as you only have 40 products to remove the cost of shipping from this would be as quick as setting up the components method.

Once set you will have a far more flexible model for later expansion.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Do you advertise free shipping?

Comment

We do advertise free shipping and unfortunately, this is what my company likes as it feels it sets them apart from other companies because the products are bulky and heavy. The all inclusive price is very attractive to potential clients......
                Alicia

Comment

I should tread carefully on wanting to remove the delivery charge off the prices then as you are openly saying free delivery is not free.

Comment

Indeed - you could shoot yourself in the foot and ruin your marketing edge in offering "free" delivery. If people are collecting you could offer an additional incentive ... free gift or you can view it that serving people over the counter still requires a cost in time, effort etc which can offset the delivery charges.

Unless you really want to get people to collect (upselling in store) then I would keep the prices the same.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                    X