Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site homepage fragment mis-alignment in IE7

Hi,

I've just built my first Actininc eCommerce site for a client and I've been battling with a fragment mis-alignment in IE7 for days. It's driving me insane!

The site is at www.prestigerubberstamps.co.uk not entirely finished so the catalog is suspended, orders can be taken via phone, fax, email for the time being.

Actinic Developer Version 9. Custom outer layout design for all pages.

The Problem:

Ie7!!! the first fragment on the homepage begins below the left aligned (in seperate div) main menu. Yes, the main nav div is closed! All other brochure and catalog pages display correctly so it's a homepage only problem. I've tried changing the fragment layout to the same as other pages fragment layouts and the problem persists so it's not the layout of the fragment that's the problem.

Can anyone help please??

Well, removing the left padding on your #content div sorts it but I guess you probably don't want to do that so perhaps reducing the size of the left hand nav may work for you, sorry don't have time to look in detail. Also, the padding on your search box may also cause some issues, looks like the padding will be rendering it larger than 170px.

Anyway, looks easily fixed once you have tracked down the offending code.
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

You have some very basic coding errors. For instance you have a table that has 2 columns, with one column set to be 95% wide and the other column set at 25%. Correct these mistakes and you will probably find the erratic results will disappear.

Comment

BTW - nice to see a serifed font for a change

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Guys, problem fixed. I'd been too close to it and couldn't see the wood for the trees!

Comment

Working...
          X