Shopping cart inoperative - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping cart inoperative - HELP!

Hope someone can help. We just launched out site www.tarpcity.com and strangely, when I go to test a product for purchase, I can put it into a cart, but when I go to proceed to check out, the site returns me to the product page I am trying to purchase....does anyone know why this would happen? I am new to Actinic and this is the preferred software of my employer. Can anyone shed some light as to what may be happening?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Alicia

I would say the code on your next button is wrong

Code:
    <input type="image" alt="proceed" src="btn_next.gif" value="Next>" name="ACTION_NEXT"/>
    should this not be

Code:
    <input type="image" alt="proceed" src="btn_next.gif" value="Next>" name="ACTION"/>
    just an observation

Comment

OK, I'm trying to find that coding in the software -- I see where you are finding it when I view source on the live site --

what i am finding is "<input name="ACTION_NEXT" type="image" value="<actinic:variable name="NextButton"/>" src="btn_next.gif" alt="proceed">" in my software under "check out page - 0".

Any suggestions? I feel lost and frustrated....you are a love for the insight....
      Alicia

Comment

your in the right place, the standard coding around the normal button is
        Code:
        <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<actinic:variable encoding="html" name="NextButton" />" />
        but you will need to change this to use your images

change the ACTION_NEXT to ACTION

Comment

I'll give it a try -- I'm a bit nervous messing w/ code in this software as it intimidates me. I am use to something much more user friendly than this -- I'll do a site snapshot so if I mess up, I can go back to the original file....
          Alicia

Comment

they are always good, actinic is not hard to use, once you understand how it works, play away, but remember snapshots are your best friend

you can just replace your code with what i gave you, it will replace your image with a standard button. but it will tell you if this is the problem.

Comment

well, that seemed to make not changes whatsoever -- any other suggestions? Maybe a pint would help me out LOL.....
              Alicia

Comment

to get the new images into checkout you will have modified the code and possibly made and error which is easy to do.

Revert the layouts to factory settings and check it works ok then make the changes again testing every step

Comment

it is working for me now, i have managed to get to the address, but these buttons are wrong again. ACTION_NEXT is wrong on all of these

As Mal said reverting to factory default or change the code on all these pages

Comment

I did as Mal suggested and added that code to each check out page -- great success! Now to figure out how to use the next button that matches the site instead of the factory installed one -- thanks all -- you are life savers!
                    Alicia

Comment

Well I spoke too soon. None of the other buttons work correctly during the check out proccess. My US distributor who are not user friendly, told me that when we switched the back up to a my system we overwrote specific code that allowed those features to work -- does sound true to anyone? And if so, is there a way I can remedy that myself?

I am also looking for good training in the US as my employer wants to continue down the Actinic path and I am compelled to master this software. Any suggestions -- anyone???
                      Alicia

Comment

but these buttons are wrong again. ACTION_NEXT is wrong on all of these
                        i did sort of mention it and thought you would have gone a checked them all

As for who is to blame, well someone changed the code

Comment

good training in the US
                          Where are you? - Im in Canada for the next month or so

As for your problem reset everything to factory settings in checkout

Comment

Working...
                          X