X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutations checkboxes

Hi,
    I'm using V8.5.1

In order to provide more than one additional product with the main product, am I right in saying that each additional product would have to be set up as a component. So if I want say 7 additional products where none, one or any number of them can be added as addtional order lines, I would have to set up 7 components under the main product each with pricing set to Associated product?

I've tried using one component with one attribute and seven choices. I changed the component layout to checkboxes instead of radio buttons and removed the checked="checked" attribute. But then if you check more than one choice, only one is put into the cart. I presume this is because only one choice is allowed per component?

Any suggestions?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Choices are used for variations of the component so only 1 can be added at a time eg:

Main Product = Kitchen
    Component = Door Colour
    >> Choice = White
    >> Choice = Black

You can only have black or white

As you suggest - you need to add the optional products up as separate components. Watch your overall pricing model in the main product if using associated products to ensure the correct price is added to the cart.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont,

I tried this. It works ok but I can't reduce the spacing between the lines. Here is an example

I checked with firebug and there seems to be a rogue </br> just above the component html title but I can't find it in the code. I've checked the component list layout settings and the component layout but can't find it.

Here is the code for the component layout:
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentDisplayLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
       <br />
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e">
         <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>"/>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e">
         <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" />
      <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ComponentDisplayLabel" /></b>
      <br />
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentIsOptional%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsUsedNoneChoiceLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%21%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e" >
      <input type="checkbox" name="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />" value="-1" /> <actinic:variable name="NoneChoiceLabel" />
      <actinic:block type="PermutationList" >
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationIsValid%22%20%2f%3e">
      <input type="checkbox" name="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />" value="<actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice ID List" />" />
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE">
          <actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice Name List" />
         <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
            <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />
         <actinic:variable name="PermutationPrice" />
         </br>
      Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

The sledgehammer approach I used on my site was to wrap it in a <div> and in the css use:

.componentInfo {
        margin-bottom: -20px;
        }

not elegant but it worked

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont,

For it to work for me I had to change it to

.componentInfo {
          margin-top: -20px;
          }
          Regards,

Keith

Comment

Brute force

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X