Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart button error

Hi, I am currently working on a site www.roksport.com
    We have come across an error on the add to cart button. If a user adds a product when they are on the extended information page the product will add to cart correctly. But if they try to add to cart while on a product list page they get an error saying

"A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Kooga Scarlets Away Shirt Navy:
    Invalid order details
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to why this is happening? Both buttons on both the extended info page and product list page appear to have exactly the same code. Many thanks.

Hi,

Have you made any changes to the product layout that this product is using? If so then I suggest you either revert it back to factory settings or try choosing a different layout to see if that helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi thanks for the advice. We tried resetting to factory settings but it still hasn't made any difference. I emailed actinic support but they dont seem to be able to solve the problem either. From what I can tell the button is trying to add the product name not the product id to the shopping cart thats why it is coming up with invalid order details.

For now I would like to remove the add to cart button from the product page and only have it on the extended info page, but I would like to change the text from "more" on that button to continue shopping or something simular to show the user they need to go to the extended info page to buy the product. Is there a way to change the text on the extended info button? Thanks again.

Comment

Is there a way to change the text on the extended info button?
        To do it for all buttons go to 'Settings | Site Options | Extended Information' and change the 'Text for Extended Information Button' field.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

I see some errors. Your product pages don't have any Quantity prompt. Your Extended Info pages do (via a hidden field set to 1).

Your Size choices contain invalid HTML. E.g.

Code:
          <select name="v_K50794-NVY_1" class="form_input_general">
          </option>
          </actinic:block>
          <option value="2">
           	   SML
           </option>
          <option value="3">
          	   MED
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman, thank you so so much, you have no idea how much hassle this has caused us. Two open support tickets with actinic support and several posts on here did not solve the problem. We were about ready to start a fresh site, so thank you very much for spotting what was missing you are a legend!

Comment

Working...
            X