Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next step!!

Hi Folks,

I have uploaded my site www.fantronix.com which is fairly basic but functional.

I now want to take the next step and start customising and adding some content to my home page and side bar.

Can anyone suggest some suitable reading material?

Any help would be much appriciated.

Graham

You first step would be to find sites you like and work out why you like them, what elements work well, what you don't like etc.. these can be non Actinic sites as well as Actinic sites. Also checkout Actinic sites and see what is being done and can be done with Actinic.. there is a long thread in the v8 forum showcasing the v8 sites.

You can then start adding bits you like to your own site..... I wager a lot of what you see will already have been covered on the forum and worth searching... particularly on SEO as there are lots of tips and tricks to pick up and implement.

The knowledge base (top right of this page) is a good resource with lots of ideas but you have to search for the idea rather than be presented with ideas to consider. The Advanced User Guide (in v8 format but the same as v9) is available from the main Actinic site and well worth a scan for ideas.

If you want to take it further grab yourself a book on HTML & CSS ... this has been discussed before with recommendations.

Adding content is nothing you can read up on but down to you adding products and text descriptions. Again read up on SEO to ensure you get this right the first time. I would concentrate on the content side of things first as this is more important than a customised site.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Mr Jont is right. There's a lot of reading and research to be done.

I'd also suggest looking at how some of the big boys do it. They spend thousands on user interface research, so that you can take their lead. Watch how products are laid out on a larger store and aim at that.

The web is all about confidence when it comes to buying online.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Just got HTML & CSS for Dummies & d/loaded Actinic Advanced user guide, bit of late night reading!!!

Again, thanks very much.

Graham

Comment

Working...
        X