Changes in Design Tab not uploading v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes in Design Tab not uploading v8

I'm pretty new to the software and am fumbling my way through. At the moment I cannot get the design tab pages to upload to our website. Everything looks fine when I look at the page preview section under the design tab, but definitely not when I upload it. Is there something I'm not doing?
    Any help is appreciated!
    Julia

Try a refresh - go to web | refresh and see if that does it

Comment

Why are you previewing pages on the design tab? you design on the design tab and can do normal previews on the content tab. The design tab (dependant on what you have selected) can show something very different to how the page actually looks on the content tab. You can also select a page or site preview off the toolbar.

Comment

Lee - I am confused - the preview pane in design tab renders the same as the preview pane in content tab. The only difference being the selected highlighting ability but the layout should essentially otherwise be the same.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

On my design tab, the font changes to courier for starters, which is often wider than the normal font, so things look different. Also often just after you change something, you get coding errors or the selected page changes to another, where you need to flick to content tab and then flick back. There are times when yes it does look the same, but not all the time and for someone new to the software, personally I think they should do all previewing on the content tab, there is no confusion at all then on how a page should look. Unless of course the background image bug appears when they only find out online after it is uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            On my design tab, the font changes to courier for starters, .
            I get this sometimes too
            Usually when I've just switched to the Design tab for the first time after opening the site and it rights itself if I click on a page in the content tree to force a reload
            Tracey

Comment

yep had this aswell, and the page layout does vary on some sites under the preview window - not tech terms "it squishes everything"

Comment

I see the courier text too, but it's generally on Checkout and Receipt Pages, maybe the Ts and Cs. Don't remember seeing it on Brochure or Catalog though...

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

TBH I never use it so I feel left out

Comment

PMSL try it, it's this seasons new preview mode

Comment

ActPreview ... new plug-in from Gabe to preview the page on your PDA / SmartPhone

Bikster

Comment

I only see system fonts on the receipt page as well .. everything else looks peachy

Bikster

Comment

Just a note, I have some flash that's only showing in the Content tab Preview.

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
                          X