Layout problem - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout problem - help needed

Hi everyone this is a problem that i cant seem to get my head around.

It is to do with the layout of www.shopatdcrs.co.uk -

At the top of the page there is (" /> " /> ) which i cant seem to remove.
    i used to have a custom built dreamweaver design on the site but have removed it as the pop up boxes for the extended info pages were not working and there were always errors on the page.

Anyway . . . I have decided to go back and use a standard theme but i cannot find a way to remove the (" /> " /> ) on the homepage. If anyone can help me out on this it would be greatly appreciated as it is making my head ache.

Thanks

Dave

Did you fix this - I don't see it in either IE or FF?

Comment

I don't see it either, but there are a shed load of images missing on your home page and the problem you described is on your Ts and Cs...

Aahhh, hang on...

It's your Actinic pages that have the problem

http://www.shopatdcrs.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

I think you need to look at the block ifs immediately below the <body> tag

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Agreed - but look just after your BODY tag - it looks like you may have a stray closing tag.
        Attached Files

Comment

The page I see at www.shopatdcrs.co.uk hasn't been generated by Actinic. It's full of Actinic variable and layout tags. It also has duplicate HTML HEAD statements. E.g. right after the proper </head> is:
          Code:
          <HTML>
          <HEAD>
          <TITLE>www.shopatdcrs.co.uk - sales of Two Way Radio</TITLE>
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
          <style type="text/css">
          <!--
          body {
          	margin-left: 0px;
          	margin-top: 0px;
          }
          .style1 {
          	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          	font-size: 12px;
          	color: #FFFFFF;
          }
          -->
          </style></HEAD>
          And at the bottom of the page is:

Code:
          </body>
          </HTML>
          <body onload="<actinic:variable value="PreloadImages" name="OnLoadScript" />">
          </body>
          </html>
          It looks like someone has put a spurious index.html page into your Site folder and Actinic is erronously uploading this.

UPDATE: Page seems to be OK now.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I see a new problem. You are trying to load the JavaScript helper files from your PC's disk drive.

You have
            Code:
            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/dave.sheppard.ACCOUNTS/My Documents/Actinic v9/Sites/Site1/actiniccore.js"></script>
            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/dave.sheppard.ACCOUNTS/My Documents/Actinic v9/Sites/Site1/actinicextras.js"></script>

Comment

I wonder if this is related to the META tags not being closed. On http://www.shopatdcrs.co.uk/acatalog/Accessories_.html I see:
              Code:
              <meta name="keywords" content="350 ,cp040,kenwood,kenwood TK3201,kenwood TK3202,motorola,motorola gp340,Vertex,Vertex VX-160 

<meta name="description" content="Suppliers of  PBR equipment of all major radio manufacturers - Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Vertex 

<link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
              <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/dave.sheppard.ACCOUNTS/My Documents/Actinic v9/Sites/Site1/actiniccore.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="file:///C|/Documents and Settings/dave.sheppard.ACCOUNTS/My Documents/Actinic v9/Sites/Site1/actinicextras.js"></script> <!-- Placeholder of cookie checking javascript code. Do not remove it! -->
              And this is causing the stylesheet to not be loaded. It may also be why the JavaScript paths are wrong.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help and support it is greatly appreciated. I have decided to build from the bottom up so that i can work out where it was and what is what making me go wrong, i will post when finished.

You guys are excellent thank you so much.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X