Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9.02: Using a custom variable for product prices

Hi,

I was wondering (always dangerous I know) if there is a way to use a custom variable to assign a product price rather than having to keep typing the same price in again and again?

I am building a store that sells light switches and sockets and although I have loads of different designs that I want to track individually I only have 12 different price bands.

Rather than typing a price in each time it would be great to reference a variable for each of the 12 different price bands. That way of course it will only mean changing one instance when it comes to updating prices.

Doe anyone have any ideas? Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Rob.
    Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
    The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

There's no way I can think of doing this with the product price (without massive Perl tweaks anyway).

However, all is not lost. You could have £0 price products and add a Component using an Associated Product that's priced appropriately to each one. Change that single Component price and everything using it updates.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Ah yes, I see where you are coming from. Would that mean I would lose the ability to track stock levels within Actinic though?
      Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
      The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

Comment

You could either externally link the prices to an excel spreadsheet or perhaps import the correct prices later.

Comment

Re stock. Monitor stock on main product but not on Component. Try it and see what happens.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X