Text in New Products Sidebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody help please. Excuse ignorance! I am new to the Forum but have been using Actiic for some time.
    Please advise how I can get descriptive text to show in the "New Products" sidebar on the right lower of our site(actually labelled "IN DEMAND" on our site) www.pestcontroldirect.co.uk
    Thanks in anticipation that you ALL know how to do it!
    Act V 9.02 Bus+

There are a couple of ways - you can change the layout selector to insert a layout that includes the description or the quicker way is to switch to the design tab, click on the product name in the new arrivals list and you will be taken to a layout called something like "best sellers item" .. or similar depending on which layout you have in place.

After the ProductName start typing ProductDescription and click on the layout that appears on the auto complete list ... that will insert a pink version of ProductDescription and apply.

You may wish to limit the amount of product text shown in the side bar with some PHP here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45411
    Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 11:06 AM. Reason: Updating kb links

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Bob - you may want to look at your advisors page using Firefox.. the "pest control direct team" is hanging out to the right of the page.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Bob - you may want to look at your advisors page using Firefox.. the "pest control direct team" is hanging out to the right of the page.
        and in IE7 too
        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

No Text in Sidebar Items

Thanks Jont-I will get onto that later this week, most helpful information.
          With regard to the "Hanging Out", we had our site designed by an Actinic approved designer and after it was complete he informed us that he did not support Firefox so issues like this could not be resolved. He also could not tell us how to put the text into the items as requested on the Forum!
          We are dumb here (not html,xtml etc literate !) and although we have made many changes to the site since it was re-built a year ago, we have no idea how to remedy browser issues.
          We did ask one company to look through and advise what needed fixing and got a price of £4k quoted to fix it all-we opted to leave, what were essentially a few minor errors, until we felt we found a more sensible and cost effective solution.
          I realise our site has some coding issues and that this will need to be addressed at some point.
          Thanks again
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Guy View Post
            ...an Actinic approved designer...he informed us that he did not support Firefox...

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              I was thinking the same!
              When was this?
              I'd be tempted to name and shame because that's inexcusable!
              Tracey

Comment

While I was reading post #5, the words "name and shame" came to immediately mind. Reading on, I see that Tracey got that impression too. Best be fair and only post an email quote from your "designer" so that we can all be clear as to what they said.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Agreed, Norman
                  Actually, I was expecting to be pounced on for even suggesting it LOL
                  Tracey

Comment

To those that want the Name & Shame.
                    Sorry, I don't want to do that, the guys did a reasonable job on the site. I have probably cause more damage to the site since making changes to their work!
                    I understand they no longer work with Actinic and are no longer on the "Approved" list.
                    Very nice to see people taking an interest and the free advice is very much appreciated.
                    Thanks Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Guy View Post
                      To those that want the Name & Shame.
                      Sorry, I don't want to do that, the guys did a reasonable job on the site. I have probably cause more damage to the site since making changes to their work!
                      I understand they no longer work with Actinic and are no longer on the "Approved" list.
                      Doesn't matter so much then!
                      It's not so much that everyone wants to know, more that it's important that potential clients be forewarned, which you evidently were not.

As for fixing the problems. If you want them sorting, there are plenty of people on the board who could help.
                      Tracey

Comment

Working...
                      X