Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation Checkboxes with Drop Down Lists

Hello.

I've been looking at other Actinic-based sites to see how they present their product permutations. I've decided that for the purpose we need permutations for, this site has the best layout.

The product we will be presenting with this layout is of very similar fashion, and therefore should allow:

Customer to select 'Grade A' checkbox and drop down list below to select the fabric pattern.

Customer to select 'Grade B' checkbox and drop down list below to select the fabric pattern.

I've tried several variations and can't quite seem to get there - can anybody give any pointers?

Cheers,
    Grant

Hi Grant,

Customer to select 'Grade A' checkbox and drop down list below to select the fabric pattern
    This would be an optional component with an attribute attached for the fabric pattern. You would then have another optional component with an attribute attached for the fabric pattern for 'Grade B'.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Back and forth with support, and this appears the outcome, with a fix. Good times:

A component cannot have three attributes where the price is dependent on the first attribute.

This has now been confirmed as a bug in Actinic.

The fix:

Create a component, make this Optional. Set the price to Component Prices - and enter the price at component level, not on the attribute.

In our case:

Product
      Component 1 £100
      - Attribute 1
      - Attribute 2

Component 2 £200
      - Attribute 1
      - Attribute 2

Component 3 £300
      - Attribute 1
      - Attribute 2

Before hand we had:

Component 1 (Override price)
      - Attribute 1 £100
      - Attribute 2
      - Attribute 3

etc

If you use the forum hack to create a checkbox attribute layout and put this in a component with two other attributes - don't, the database won't like it....eventually.

So there we have it - so far. Actinic are still working on it, but I suspect if/when the bug is fixed it won't be for another couple of patches down the line.

Now time to re-do every component and attributes on 300+ products. Bad times.

Comment

Working...
      X