X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Body Background

www.eleco.com/testshop

Calling CSS gurus; can you please help?

I updated the CSS and made the main body container background #ffffff. Works fine offline and in IE, however in FireFox the main body colour is non existent. I added the background colour to the areas within the container (menu & right body) these show up with the white background but still you will notice that I am getting errors with the main body container.

Can you please offer any suggestions? I heard that FireFox adds closing div tags if there is one missing; where as IE doesn't. This could be the cause, but I have checked the code and can't seem to find any missing closing Div tags.

I'm not understanding which part of the layout you are wanting to change to white as it looks the same in IE7 and FF3.

Have you tries using Firebug in Firefox so you can see what CSS is being used and can make on the fly changes?

Comment

That's wierd; I'm also using FF3 and the background is incorrect. I have tried refreshing multiple times...I am installing Firebug now.

Comment

When you say it's incorrect - what's not right?

EDIT _ Aah - I see it now the blue below the LHS menu. I didn't scroill down far enough before.

Comment

Why do you have both a class and a style on page_body_content_left_column & page_body_content_right_column?

Comment

I have now removed the style tag; I was testing something in the brochure layouts.

I just installed FF3.03 on a different computer and tested. I get the same body content background problem. In addition the background colour(below the tiled background image) is grey instead of blue.

This is so strange; does the site work for anyone else using Fire Fox?

Comment

Using FF2 I can see white beneath the LHS column and all the way down the main page content - it looks as I expect it should look

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I managed to solve the problem by adding <div style="clear:both;"></div> before the closing body content div. I don't know if there is a better way of achieving this but it seems to work.

Comment

Working...
                X