All i need is "Checkout" and "View Basket"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All i need is "Checkout" and "View Basket"

Hi there. Ive made a template in dreamweaver, but i need the items to link to actinic - "Checkout" and "View basket". But, to do this i need to have proper rollovers etc - i managed to find "checkout" by using [NavigationIcon] - but its very confusing because suddenly an image apears when u press on the preview button - but its only linked to a really weird location of my pc, "My documents....etc". I need to be able to edit the image and place a proper link, but how?

Also im yet to be able to place a link to "View basket" - any ideas there please?

I did use the old actinic 6 - that was quite easy to understand because i just hacked the frame set up. Back then the links were easy to use - all i had to do was edit the link as the rollover which was NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCARTLINK (View basket) and NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUTLINK (Checkout). that does not work in 9 version.

Sorry for such a long post, so basically call i want is to be able to place "Checkout" and "View basket" and be able to edit the rollovers/images. Thanks for any help here.

Richard, going by this post and previous ones, IMO, you need to spend a bit of time actually INSIDE Actinic.
    It's all very well creating the site in DW but I think you could benefit from a session of exporation in the design tab in Actinic itself to see how these links are formed
    Just my opinion
    Tracey

Comment

thx tracey - could you let me know how i can place those 2 links in actinic itself? And place rollovers? I just need to know how to do this. Doesnt have to be away from dreamweaver, bit i would just like to know how to do those 2 items and i will be done

Comment

Would you use CSS for your rollovers or not? If so then it's just a standard link with a background image that changes on hover. What have you got so far, let us take a look at that and we can take over from that point forward.

Comment

get into actinic, library get to learn about variables and layouts, then insert the appropriate ones into the page pilfer the code and bobs your uncle

Comment

thx all, in essence all you need is the core URL - and they seem to work alright. Ive just copied and paste -
            View Basket - /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART
            Checkout - /cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start
            i now have my rollovers!

Comment

Hi , I've used this thread to put in a 'view basket' and 'checkout now' button on my dreamweaver templates... however neither are working using this method.

The site is still on Actinic trial hosting and I've had another problem with the cgi-bin which I've raised with Actinic... could this also be the cause of this problem?

Comment

I never tried it in the "test" mode, and the link above was only used on the proper site, so yes most likely the test mode must be the reason why its not working. Ive still got the same link and it works fine. All you need is the http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start

Comment

Working...
                X