Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Images in Cart - What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently changed my products to SPP's (hoorah I hear you cry!) and so have only just discovered the wonders of components, attributes and choices.

I've followed the instructions in the KB article to remove the component quantites, and it works like a treat. I've actually also removed the full name of the component as I think it looked a little confusing. Please see attachment OldCart.jpg for how it used to look. It shows the component name followed by the attribute name followed by the choice. ("Need additional options? Select one below: - Options: With contact, dual co mag and mifare contactless encoders").

Since I've made the changes, the cart now looks like attachment NewCart.jpg, which now I think looks a little bare and doesn't really describe the product well! ("P100i").

What I'm after ideally is the model name and then just the name of the individual choice like "P100i With contact, dual co mag and mifare contactless encoders" rather than 'Component: Attribute: Choice'.

Anyone know if this is possible or if I'm getting in way over my head?
    Attached Files
    Need a barcode label or card printer? Look no further than OnlyZebra.

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

Hi,

What I'm after ideally is the model name and then just the name of the individual choice like "P100i With contact, dual co mag and mifare contactless encoders" rather than 'Component: Attribute: Choice'.
      You could set your products/choices up as per this knowledgebase article and then follow this one.
      Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
        Hi,

You could set your products/choices up as per this knowledgebase article and then follow this one.
        Hi Tracey, thanks for the reply.

Yep, my products are set up as shown in the first KB article (that's what I was struggling with initially ), and having ticked the 'Component as separate order line' box it now just shows the 'Component: Attribute: Choice' without the product model (the name of the main product, in this case P100i). See the screenshot attached for an example.

What it says: "Need additional options? Select one below: - Options: With ethernet connectivity and dual co mag encoder "

What I'd like it to say: "P100i With ethernet connectivity and dual co mag encoder"

Am I asking for too much?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:33 AM. Reason: Updating kb links

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

Hi,

If you tick the 'Name from Associated Product' field on the permutations tab and give the hidden products the relevant name then they will show as you want.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
            Hi,

If you tick the 'Name from Associated Product' field on the permutations tab and give the hidden products the relevant name then they will show as you want.
            Ah of course, couldn't see the wood for the trees!

I'll give it a go now, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X