Making Date Info Prompt Optional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Date Info Prompt Optional

I have added the 'date info question' to some products but I want to it be optional as not all customers will want to add a date.

Is it possible to do this in a similar way to the KB artical about making the other info prompt optional.

Or does anyone know where I can add an extra blank selection to the day/month/year lists so it defaults to a blank date?
    Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:52 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Hows about doing a Javascript hide/show area, where the customer can click a link if they want to add a date, if they do so, the field reveals? May be a nice idea and keep things looking clean. Alternatively have the field filled out with a default message that remains in there unless they overwrite it could be an option.

Comment

I did try adding <option> </option> to the start of list layout for day/month/year layouts which appeared to work OK. The problem is that when you add it to the cart is shows as todays date rather than just being blank.
      I also tried <option>day</option> and <option>0</option> but still shows up as todays date in the cart.

I have looked into editing the shopping cart template but it doesn't seem obvious what to edit - I suspect it is <Actinic:XMLTEMPLATE NAME="DateLine"> but don't know how to edit that.

I will have a look at the Javascript method instead
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Crystal Healing Jewellery
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Hi,

I know this is a little late but I've just added Can I make the Date Prompt optional? to the knowledge base.
        Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:28 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X