css background problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css background problem

trying to up-date one of our old sites and move it from cactus shop *insert various words of contempt here* just been playing with the new layout in dreamweaver and actinic but cant for the life of me get it to let me have a background on the "#Mainarea" it should have a a background of background.gif (original isnt it...) but it doesnt...

anyone any ideas? test link is http://79.170.40.224/healthypets.co.uk/index.html

Put a ' either side of the image name, the image doesn't look like it's uploaded. If its not online, it cannot show.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Put a ' either side of the image name, the image doesn't look like it's uploaded. If its not online, it cannot show.
      its me being a idiot again try this link http://79.170.40.224/healthypets.co.uk/

EDIT: just realised you ment the image not the site...

it has up-loaded and evean on this pc wont show when in preview... so its not a problem with the code calling the image?

anything i put in css background it doesnt display...

Comment

Can you provide a direct link to the image on your server then as i cannot find it.

Comment

is your image
          a) in your site folder and/or
          b) in your additional files (Design > Additional Files) ??

Does it show in an offline preview?
          Tracey

Comment

Your CSS is looking for the image here:

http://79.170.40.224/healthypets.co.uk/background.gif

but it is not at this location, hence it does not display in the browser.
            As Lee asked, where is the image on the server? Reference it correctly in the CSS and it will show.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

for ease of (ok i am sick of the sight of dreamweaver atm) use i have up-loaded it to were firebug says it wants to be and to the link that fergusw provided,

it shows when u go directly to it but not when you load the whole site... it has never show in the previews offline either also shows in firebug's preview when u hover over the image name in the CSS... the other images are all in the same location as this one but they are not called via css anything that gets called by css wont load (first time i have had to use css in dreamweaver so theirs a high chance i am doing somthing wrong...)

the image is now in both the site root and the root of the acatalog folder

not sure what you mean TraceyHand by "(Design > Additional Files)" on the system all files are in "Actinic v9\Sites\Testbed\Dreamweaver Design Files" on the server they are all in public_html\acatalog

EDIT: think i have just fixed it... i hadent added repeat x so when it did show it was shown behind the menu...

Comment

Working...
              X