Inserting a product list/section into Extended Info pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting a product list/section into Extended Info pages

I am trying to insert a full section list of products in the current section at the bottom of every Extended Info page. Logically I tried inserting the following at the bottom of the Extended Info layout:

<actinic:variable name="ProductList" />

... however this causes a coding error "The selector 'ExtendedInfoPageDesign' is recursively used". In the Actinic preview window the product list does appear perfectly formatted where it should, on the Extended Info page. However, when previewing the site in the browser it does not appear. Presumably this is due to the coding errors.

Is it possible to correct the coding error, or is there perhaps another method of achieving this? I can't seem to find any methods in the advanced guide or forums, and the current abundance of white space in our Ext. Info pages is not good at all for SEO/marketing.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

Originally posted by tattysilver View Post
    I am trying to insert a full section list of products in the current section at the bottom of every Extended Info page. Logically I tried inserting the following at the bottom of the Extended Info layout:

<actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" />
    Not sure how 'ProductImageLayout' is the logical variable here, can you explain that logic or am I missing something?

Comment

My apologies, I meant:

<actinic:variable name="ProductList" />

Post amended. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt.

Comment

Hi,

Because your ProductList is just using the standard layouts that the rest of the site use means that when it gets to display the products the 'ExtendedInformationLinks' variable is also displayed so you are trying to have a pop-up page within a pop-up page.

The way around this is to create a new product list selector and use that in the extended info layout. You can then fix this to use a different product layout that doesn't include the 'ExtendedInformationLinks' variable. I hope that makes sense.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Or try coding your own list like this

Code:
          <actinic:block type="ProductList">
            Insert The Product Layout to Use Here
          </actinic:block>
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your help. I have used Tracey's method and it works great. The only problem now is minimising the filesize of the extended info page(s) as some of my product lists were causing certain extended info pages to be 300KB+ ...

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X