Custom layouts with DW CS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom layouts with DW CS4

I've been playing with Actinic for a few weeks now and its main failing for me is the navigational structure or at least the way it needs to be implemented.

For my next project I have to redesign an existing site and we want to use a similar nav structure to www.bikinishack.co.uk with attractive click-thru images for the sections leading the user through the store to a single product.

I have begun using a trial version of Dreamweaver CS4 to design the layout in similar fashion.

Do I need various custom layouts for each page?

Can it operate with a frame like/inner table system like using Frontpage?

Can I use a trial version of CS4 to register my design (one of the options is greyed out ATM).

Whats the best way to structure the fragments, sections and pages to achieve this look?

Sorry for the number of questions but help now might prevent me from dead ends finding the answers myself.

Paul

Paul,

Do you mean that you want to split your Top Level Sections up? If so, there's information on the forum on how to do this.

Infact TraceyG has started a thread recently documenting all of the tutorials available. You may want to search for Gabes freebie nav menu too. That me give you the results you want.

Before you imbark on using several DW layouts I suggest you have a look through the forum, KB and AUG. A few weeks of playing with actinic will not give you a full appreciation of the software's capabilities.

There have been posts over the past couple of months of users trying to get their DW layout to work in Actinic, yet had they sepnt a little longer using the software and understanding how it works, they could have saved themselves a lot of time.

IMHO

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

That's the politest RTFM i've ever read Rich, been sipping at the sherry have we?

Comment

LOL Lee. I made a Christmas Cake last night, perhaps it's the Brandy Fumes...

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Frontpage frames - haven't seen that for years. All you questions are answered in the help files or are already on the forum.

Comment

Working...
          X