X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicating company in page title 903

Code:
    <title>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Checkout%20Page%200%27" >Checkout Step 1 @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Checkout%20Page%201%27" >Checkout Step 2 @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Checkout%20Page%202%27" >Checkout Step 3 @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Shopping%20Cart%27" >Your Shopping Basket with <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Add%20To%20Cart%20Confirmation%27" >Selection Added to Basket</actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Receipt%27" >Your Receipt from <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Search%27" >Search our Site @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Search%20Results%27" >Your Search Results with <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Bounce%20Page%27" >Forwarding you to the next page...</actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Site%20Map%27" >	Sitemap @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Terms%20And%20Conditions%27" >	Help @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27">
    		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200">
    		<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />
    		</actinic:block>
    		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
    		LessBounce, Sports bras bra for every sport in every size 
    </title>
    using this code to generate my page titles - but pages are duplicating the company name... i can't see why

see testing.lessbounce.com/acatalog/Panache_Hi_Impact_Sports_Bra.html

page title should be

Panache Hi Impact Sports Bra @ LessBounce

but in fact it is

LessBounce Panache Hi Impact Sports Bra @ LessBounce

wheres`my extra lessbounce coming from?

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
    [CODE]
    wheres`my extra lessbounce coming from?
    An oxymoron, surely

Sorry, Jo - less than helpful I know

I'm a bit hesitant to offer advice as you know far more about Actinic than I do, but I find that if I add a page title via Page Settings|Page Title, it supresses Actinic's desire to place whatever is in the Business Settings|Company Name field at the beginning of the page title.

But I expect you already knew that and I've missed the point
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Sean,
      I think you hit it on the head.

When there is no data in the page title field in the section details Actinic generates its own title from the {company name} + {section name}
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

An oxymoron, surely
        ok ok enough of the jokes.... this site seems to bring out the worse in you benny hill types

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28238

ta for the replies, i am sure you are correct
        When there is no data in the page title field in the section details Actinic generates its own title from the {company name} + {section name}
        can you override this? to remove company name as i'd rather just have section name @ company.

in v7 there was a different variable i used in place of page title to just get the section name - i will play and report back.

FWIW v9 seems to do this differently than v8, the code above doesn't duplicate the company name in v8.

but I find that if I add a page title via Page Settings|Page Title, it supresses Actinic's desire to place whatever is in the Business Settings|Company Name field at the beginning of the page title.
        No worries Sean, all replies are always gratefully received. But to explain, i tend to use this bit of code so if there is nothing in the page title, i can get something semi meaningfull put in by default. This is especially useful in my situation where once i've released a site to a client they then do the product input and often omit to add page titles etc. When using one product per page it means you have the product name as page title (assuming product name = section name)

Comment

Use

<actinic:variable name="SectionName" /> @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />

instead of

<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

PS - you've missed testing for Contact Us and Brochure pages (and possibly others).
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman for the far more elegant solution - I shall use it myself
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

brochure page code...

Code:
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Brochure%27" ><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> @ <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>

Comment

Dropping in late on this thread, but I have a similar issue, hopefully somebody will have the cure.

If I do not define a section Page Title, I want the Section Name to become the Page Title.

I have applied the following piece of code:

Code:
                  <title><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22"><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200"><actinic:variable name="StoreName" /> - <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Brochure%27"><actinic:variable name="BrochureName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Section%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Brochure%27%29" ><actinic:variable name="PageType" /> - <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block></actinic:block></title>
                  So, CompanyName is only supposed to be in the title on the Top Section (ie. domain.com/acatalog/index.html) and all pages which are not sections or brochure pages (ie. search results, checkout, bounce, etc).

But, this is not the case.

The page titles are still coming up 'Company Name Section Name' on sections with no defined title. All pages except sections/brochures should say 'PageType - CompanyName' - eg. 'Shopping Cart - Cupar Garden Centre' - but only the CompanyName is being generated (note not even the hyphen is generated).

I'm starting to think this is in relation to my meta tag issue, where keywords/description are not generated, only the meta keyword tag is being generated with the global keywords. The description meta tag is only generated when something is defined on the Details tab, otherwise it does not appear at all.

Am I losing my mind or is this really not working how it's supposed to (the original title tag code was taken from the KB)

Comment

If you leave a title out, somewhere deep and hidden Actnic tries to be helpful and uses company name + section name. I've never fully understood where that happens, I don't think you have access to change it either, so I go the conventional route and put one in on each page instead.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      If you leave a title out, somewhere deep and hidden Actnic tries to be helpful and uses company name + section name. I've never fully understood where that happens, I don't think you have access to change it either, so I go the conventional route and put one in on each page instead.
                      Thanks for the clarification Lee. Although the aim is to go through the site and do this manually, in the short term it was aimed at being a quick-fix. Looks like I'll be getting a copy of the database and having a good look through it, though I suspect my hunt will be in vain. Ah well, there's never a quick way to anything is there. Though thinking about it, this must mean the KB article doesn't work (or at least doesn't work in the current release)

Comment

Working...
                      X