Send email as include the products placed in the shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send email as include the products placed in the shopping cart

I would like a script or add-on that makes it possible for customers to send an email of the products placed in the shopping cart before the customer buys them. I want this feature, as an example for those customers who check whether we have the product and it is in stock. And then go with the list to our stock and buy them.

Originally posted by Ulf Nordbeck View Post
    I would like...
    Wouldn't we all

However, word on the street is this is a 3rd party plugin currently being developed for v8/v9 as the original 'Wish List' is compatible as far as version 7 of Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
      Wouldn't we all

However, word on the street is this is a 3rd party plugin currently being developed for v8/v9 as the original 'Wish List' is compatible as far as version 7 of Actinic.
      do you have any link to this add-on?

Comment

this type of plug is more complicated than it first appears. actinic is crap-tastic at real time stock, so, really you cannot have automatic mechanisms for this kind of thing.

i can see how it would be possible with actsql and come good php skills.

Comment

You could patch the ShoppingCart.pl to append a line to a textfile whenever something is added to cart.

There's already code that optionally logs the seach terms in a similar way ( see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45111 ) and you could look at how this operates and replicate it in the ShoppingCart.pl script.
          Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:53 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
            this type of plug is more complicated than it first appears. actinic is crap-tastic at real time stock, so, really you cannot have automatic mechanisms for this kind of thing.

i can see how it would be possible with actsql and come good php skills.
            The list to be sent is similar to that customer and we get after the customer has paid.
            The customer can go to the shopping cart in the list to be printed. If it were easier to generate the list.

Comment

Look in Search.pm for sub LogSearchWords. This will give you a guide as to what's needed in ShoppingCart.pl. The routines called from ShoppingCart.pl / sub ProcessAddToCartCall would be the appropriate place to patch. The ones used on your site will depend on the type of Add to Cart that you use.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X